If you have a problem with wildlife in your Rehoboth Beach home, your best option is to hire a company that specializes in Delaware wildlife removal only. This is a specialty business, and regular pest control companies do not use the proper techniques to solve animal problems. I have spent many years reviewing Delaware and Rehoboth Beach, and I recommend the following:
NOTE: If you have a dog or cat problem, call Sussex County Animal Services: 302-255-4646
Bay Area Wildlife specializes primarily in removing animals from attics of homes and buildings - this includes squirrels in attics, raccoons, and rats or mice in homes. Delaware also has a documented problem with
bats in buildings, and Bay Area Wildlife is specially trained in bat removal. They also perform general wildlife trapping services, such as the capture and removal of skunks or opossums on the
property. Call 302-725-0070 to discuss your critter problem and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment. Click here to learn more about what prices we charge in 2020.
When hiring a company to solve your wild animal problem, you want these features:
Bay Area Wildlife is a full-service Rehoboth Beach wildlife removal company. This is very different from a regular Rehoboth Beach pest control company. The pest control companies spray poison to kill insects. This is not at all
similar to wildlife removal. Bay Area Wildlife performs a full inspection of the home or property, and determines why the animal(s) are there, and if inside a building, how the animals got inside. All
animals (including rodents) are trapped and removed, or if possible, removed from the building using special exclusion devices. Once the animals are gone, preventative repairs are essential, and
cleanup is sometimes recommended.
Rehoboth Beach wildlife trapping - it's not as simple as it may seem. It's illegal in Delaware to trap without a license. Trap type is very important and there are many different types, bait is somewhat relevant, trap placement is vital, and there are dozens of small things that are very important to know. Safety is a concern. Then once the animal is trapped, it must be removed and dealt with in the proper manner according to Delaware law. We offer Rehoboth Beach raccoon removal. Read more about how to get rid of raccoons.
Animals in attics - this is our specialty at Bay Area Wildlife. Many types of animals like to live in attics. This includes squirrels, raccoons, rats, mice, bats, birds, and even possums. Critters like to go into attics for a safe place to live and raise their young. Removing animals from attics is very complex work, partly because of the presence of baby animals. If you need Rehoboth Beach squirrel removal, we can remove all the squirrels from your attic, and seal out any future ones. Read more about how to get rid of squirrels.
Rodent control must be done in a very specific way. First off, the most important thing is that all the openings that rats and mice can use to enter a house be sealed. Then all the rodents must be physically trapped and removed. Never, ever use poison! Most Rehoboth Beach exterminators will just use this lazy poison technique to kill rodents, and it causes more harm than good - dead stinky rats, and it doesn't solve the problem. Call us for correct Rehoboth Beach rat removal. Read more about how to get rid of rats.
Bat removal is a highly specialized task. Delaware is known to have colonizing bats who often live in buildings. Bats love attics. If not removed, the colony can grow to a very large size over the years. The bat droppings are often corrosive and cause health risks. The same goes for bird droppings on or in buildings. We perform Rehoboth Beach pigeon removal and bird control. But our specialty is Rehoboth Beach bat removal. We remove 100% of the bat colony and seal the building so that it's totally bat-proof. Read more about how to get rid of bats.
If you have animals inside a house, no job is complete without proper exclusion repairs. If you simply hire a Rehoboth Beach trapper who only removes the critters, then the problem will return. You need to hire a Rehoboth Beach wildlife control company that identifies 100% of the animal entry points into your building, and seals them shut with professional repairs. In addition, in many cases animals have left waste or contamination behind, and you'll want a company that can provide professional cleaning services. Bay Area Wildlife does both.
The above are just some of the services offered by Bay Area Wildlife. We also trap and remove animals that destroy lawns, such as moles, or digging animals. Sometimes animals like opossums will live under buildings, steal pet food, raid garbage cans, etc. Read about how to get rid of opossums. Skunks commonly live under sheds or decks, and set up a den. We can trap and remove them without them spraying. Read about how to get rid of skunks. Bay Area Wildlife also provides dead animal removal in Rehoboth Beach. If you need help with any other wildlife conflict, from a fox, beaver, groundhog, or any other critter, we can solve it. We also do Rehoboth Beach snake removal - most of the snakes in Delaware are not venomous, but call us if you want safe removal, or read about how to get rid of snakes in Rehoboth Beach. And remember, we are a private business, not Sussex County Animal Control Services, so if you have a dog or cat problem, call the County at 302-255-4646. Sussex County animal services does not handle any wildlife issues.
Every wildlife removal situation is different, from the species of animals involved, the location of the animal inside a house or outside, the extent of repairs or cleanup, etc. It's impossible to give one-size-fits-all prices. Examples MIGHT include:
Small Job: For example, a one-stop job to remove an animal in the yard: $100 on up
Medium Job: For example, getting critters out of your house with minor repairs: $300 on up
Large Job: For example, a project involving many service trips and complex work: $500 on up
Give us a phone call now and tell us about your wildlife issue and we will be able to give you a price estimate over the phone. If you're cool with it, we can schedule a same-day or next-day appointment if you like. Our prices are fair, and a good value because we do the job right, the first time.
Rehoboth Beach Wildlife Tip #1:
What property modifications will keep down rodent populations?
Property damage by rodents cannot only be felt in homes, but also in apartments, hotels, office buildings, retail businesses, manufacturing companies, food processing facilities, public utility operations, warehouses, farm houses, feed storages and any other place they gain access to. The following modifications will help check the number of rodents hence less or no property damage by rodents.
1. Preference should be given to concrete floors rather than wooden floors. This is because rodents find it hard to chew through solid concrete thus unable to create floor entry points and nests, unlike wood which they easily chew them.
2. Animal feeders should constructed with flat bottoms and positioned in open air places away from dark and hidden corners to prevent rodents from making homes under or behind them.
3. Construction of sandwich walls, with insulation fitted within the concrete so as to prevent damage from outside elements which will result in. perimeter insulation is rodent proof but damaged insulation is not.
4. Floor drainages should be equipped with firmly held metal grates. Since rats and mice can squeeze through a small space of up to a quarter inch, grate openings should not exceed this measurement.
5. Roof vents should have hardware cloth fitted over them, especially those ones with openings large enough to allow the small rodents.
6. Sewerage systems should be constructed with a one way flap valve placed in the toilet and bathrooms as an addition, to block away rodents using these drainages as entry points.
7. Rain gutter downspouts should also have hardware cloth over them or be fitted with flap valves such that they will swing shut except when water is flowing. These can also be used by rodents to gain access to roofs.
8. Other openings like those on the floor and in driveways should have covers and always be kept closed when not in use.
9. Use of a floating metal cover, or otherwise referred to as check valve-style closure with a hinge at the upper edge, at the open end of a manure system's discharge pipe.
10. Use of sheet metal guards along any surface that rodents can climb, jump or travel along and be positioned in such a way that they will prevent the rodents from reaching their outer margins.
11. Sheet metal bands can also be attached in walls to hinder rodents from climbing especially along inside corners. These guards should be placed at least 90cm from the ground.
12. Alternatively, flat guards can be used to prevent from moving up or across any surface such as vertical and horizontal pipes.
13. Circular guards, in form of cones and discs, can be installed on suspended cables, rain gutter downspouts, conduit, ropes, augers and pipes to block off rodents.
Rehoboth Beach Wildlife Tip #2:
Delaware Wildlife Information:
Delaware has about 800 different species of wildlife and in 2015 the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service approved an action plan created by the state to protect local fish and animal species with conservation efforts. Not only do animals receive direct care, their natural habitat is conserved for future generations.
You can always call Bay Area Wildlife, any time of day, at 302-725-0070, for a price quote for Rehoboth Beach wildlife control services. I am confident that this is the best choice amongst wildlife removal companies in Rehoboth Beach, DE.