How to use mice one-way exclusion funnels
People might not be in the mood to kill mice that invade their houses. A person might be interested in removing it and by this I mean without any harm. The aid of a device which would remove these mice from one’s house or yard without trapping or harming them is very important. The best device to use in this case is called a One-Way door funnel. These are also called One-way door exclusion funnels. These are devices that are placed or mounted candidly on top of hole where a small animal is using to access or exit a place or a house. The use of these devices is an effective way of removing animals, in this case, mice from your house, without having to trap them and harm them.
It is easy to make a one-way door exclusion funnel by yourself. One might also consider purchasing one. It is one thing to get or make one but it is another thing to know how to use it. You might make or buy a one-way door exclusion funnel but end up not knowing how to use it. Therefore, it is significant to know how to use one so that a mouse can be removed from one’s house effectively without having to trap it.
The following is a basic walk-through explanation of how to use a one-way exclusion funnel to get rid of mice without having to trap them:
- First, identify the hole that the mouse uses to get in and out of the house. There might be several holes but a mouse likes using the best and safest route it can think of meaning that one hole might be preferable for it, in case there are many holes. Find the most popular hole.
- If you feel like all the holes should be sealed, do it. It does no harm to seal all holes. It actually improves on the efficiency of the method.
- All the seals should be made of steel to prevent the mouse from digging through it.
- The one way exclusion funnel is actually funnel shaped therefore one end in slimmer than the other. If a mouse comes out of the ‘door’ or opening, the slim nature of one of the ends of the funnel will not allow it to go back in.
- After placing the funnel on top of the hole or holes, make sure it does not trap the mouse when it gets out of the hole. Trapping it may cause harm to the mouse in terms of starvation or injury.
- Wait for the mouse to come out of the funnel and it will leave since it will not be able to go back in.
Go back to the How to get rid of mice
If you need mice help, click my Nationwide list of mice removal experts
for a pro near you.